Q: If I'm interested in a property, what do I do first?
A: We recommend that you keep a close eye on our website for the latest information and availability as our inventory changes daily. Our website will contain detailed listing information, pictures, video, and a map for directions. We encourage you to drive by the advertised property, to determine whether the residence appears to meet your needs before scheduling a viewing.
Q: How can I view a home I am interested in?
A: We can typically show properties in one of three ways. Please check the individual listing description for showing instructions.
- For vacant homes, you can typically come by our office and check out a key during the week from 9:00am to 4:00pm with a driver’s license and a $20 key deposit. All keys must be returned the same day.
- Alternatively, some of our vacant homes have a Rently electronic lockbox. For homes with a Rently lockbox, you can view the home from 8:00am to 8:00pm seven days a week. There will be a sign at the property with instructions on obtaining the lockbox code.
- For occupied homes, you can schedule an appointment by emailing or calling the leasing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-527-4505.
Q: Do you show properties after hours or on weekends?
A: Some of our vacant homes have a Rently electronic lockbox. For homes with a Rently lockbox, you can view the home from 8:00am to 8:00pm seven days a week. There will be a sign at the property with instructions on obtaining the lockbox code. Any other after hours or weekend showings would be available by appointment only.
Q: Where is your office located?
A: We are located at 100 W. Stone Avenue, Greenville, SC 29609. We are located in downtown Greenville on the corner of W. Stone Avenue and Townes Street, just one block up from the intersection of N. Main Street and W. Stone Avenue.
Q: Will you negotiate on the rent amount?
A: We have priced our homes fairly based on extensive market research. If you would like to offer less than the asking rental amount, we are happy to present the offer to the owner, but this may cause delays in processing your application.
Q: Will the owner considering selling this property?
A: Generally, all our homes are only offered for lease. In addition, we do not offer any rent to own properties.
Q: What are the basic Lease terms?
A: The Lease Agreement is typically for a 12-month term. Shorter or longer leases must be approved prior to submitting an application. If your Lease Agreement begins mid-month, you will be asked to pay a prorated rent portion on move-in day. The monthly rent is due on the 1st of each month and is considered late after the 5th, which will result in a 10% late fee. The Non-Refundable Reservation Fee will convert to the Refundable Security Deposit and Resident Benefits Package once the Lease Agreement begins and possession is taken. After the initial lease term, either party may provide a 30-day notice to vacate. Marchant will contact tenants approximately 60-90 days before lease expiration to discuss lease renewal options.
Q: Will you accept a lease that is less than one year?
A: Some of our owners will accept a 6-month lease term. Please check the property listing description for details. Our minimum lease term for any property is 6 months.
Q: How long will you hold the property?
A: Properties can only be held for up to 30 days. In order to rent a property, you must be prepared to sign the lease and pay the Nonrefundable Reservation Fee within 24 hours of application approval. In addition, the lease start date must be within 30 days of the date the property is available to move in to.
Q: Do you take Section 8?
A: If our properties accept Section 8, it will be listed in the property listing description.
Q: What is your Pet Policy?
A: Most of our properties will consider pets on a case-by-case basis with the final decision up to the property owner. PLEASE GET APPROVAL FOR YOUR PET(S) BEFORE SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION. Before final approval can be obtained, you will be required to submit a pet application through a 3rd party pet screening company and provide photos of your pet and vaccination records. We typically charge a $25 monthly Pet Rent for each pet. For pet friendly properties, any more than 2 animals must be approved by owner. Acceptable pets include: dogs, cats, small caged animals, caged birds, and fish. Service/Companion animals are allowed and are exempt from any pet rent or pet application fees. Livestock animals, poisonous, dangerous, or exotic animals, and dogs that are considered "aggressive breeds" are prohibited. Aggressive dogs may include but are not limited to: Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Presa Canarios, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas, Wolf-hybrids, Mastiffs, Cane Corsos, Great Danes, Alaskan Malamutes, Husky or any breed of guard dog trained to attack. The foregoing applies to both purebred and any mix containing one of these breeds. Applicant must provide breed, weight, age, and submit a photo of all pets.
Q: What are your rental qualifications?
A: Marchant Property Management is committed to equal housing and we fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA) and with all state and local fair housing laws. We do not discriminate against persons because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
- Anyone who is 18 or older MUST submit an application and pay nonrefundable application fee
- Pets are a case by case basis and should be approved before applying. Refer to Pet Policy. No dangerous breeds. Must complete Pet Screening application and submit photo of all pets
- Must submit a copy of a valid form of identification
- Must submit copies of most recent months payroll stubs, if self-employed must submit 2 years tax returns
- Must provide all landlord contact info for past 3-5 years of residency
- Combined gross monthly income must be at least three times the amount of rent
- No evictions filed in the past 5 years
- No balance owed to landlords in the past 5 years
- Negative landlord references or consistent late rent payments will be grounds for denial
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial
- Criminal records and convictions may be grounds for denial
- Registered sex offenders may be grounds for denial
- Credit is on a case by case basis. Credit score below 500 will be grounds for denial
- Bankruptcy MUST be dismissed or discharged for at least 6 months
- No smoking inside the home or garage
- The total number of occupants must not exceed two persons per bedroom. An exception is made for children under the age of two. Children under two are allowed as an additional occupant of a single bedroom when the child resides with the parent or other adults(s) having legal custody.
Security Deposit: Security Deposits are typically equal to one month’s rent. However, in cases where there are more perceived risks due to credit, income, rental history, etc., the Landlord reserves the right to require a higher security deposit.
Errors & Omissions: Every effort has been made to provide applicants with reliable and accurate information regarding the home you are applying for. However, changes can and do take place to cause inaccurate information to be accidentally presented. We encourage all tenants to verify schools, allowable pets, expected features, or any HOA concerns prior to signing a lease agreement. Any information posted in any advertisement does NOT constitute a written agreement or guarantee of the facts stated.
Q: What is your Resident Benefits Package and how does the Non-Refundable Reservation Fee get converted to the Security Deposit?
A: With each Lease Agreement, there is an Resident Benefit Package of $120 due at move in. As part of your lease agreement, $120 of the Non-Refundable Reservation Fee will be paid to Marchant Property Management to cover the Resident Benefit Package and the remainder will be converted to your Security Deposit. The Resident Benefits Package covers the cost of Application Processing, Pet Screening, Lease Preparation, Security Deposit Processing, Utility Concierge Service, Document Storage, Utility Confirmation, In Person Payments, Tenant Portal Access, Routine Maintenance Inspections, Move In and Move Out Inspections, Calls answered from 8:00am to 10:00pm, and 24/7 Repair Hotline.
Q: Are cosigners allowed?
A: Cosigners are allowed on a case by case basis. They will not be permitted for applicants with previous evictions or negative landlord references. Cosigners must have a minimum credit score of 700.
Q: How do I apply for a home I am interested in?
A: Each adult (18+) that will reside in the home must complete a separate application online through our website at www.marchantpm.com, providing all information requested. Applications must be completed in their entirety with supporting documents. You can attach/upload supporting documents to the online application or email them to email@example.com
or you can fax them to 864-242-9190. Supporting documents include a copy of a valid form of identification and the last two payroll stubs or a copy of the most current year's tax return or other income validating documents such as a 1099, Social Security statement, retirement or pension statement, trust fund statement, and disability payments. Alimony/ child support will be considered as supplemental income when documentation is provided. Applications are processed in the order received. All applications submitted become property of Marchant Property Management.
Q: Where do I go to submit an online application?
Q: How much is the application fee?
A: The cost per application is $50.00.